Competencies for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Literacy
- Understand both how and why media messages are constructed and for what purposes.
- Examine how individuals interpret messages differently, how values and points of view are included or excluded, and how media can influence beliefs and behaviors.
- Apply a fundamental understanding of the ethical/legal issues surrounding the access and use of media.
- Understand and utilize the most appropriate media creation tools, characteristics and conventions.
- Understand and effectively utilize the most appropriate expressions and interpretations in diverse, multi-cultural environments.
|Partnership for the 21st Century Media Literacy Webpage||http://www.p21.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=349&Itemid=120|
|Media Arts Introduction||09-MAC-DASP.pdf|
|New Media Thinking:
A Closer Look
|Arts, Media, and
Industry Sector: Career Pathways
|Pew Report: Let the
Games Begin Gaming
Technology and Entertainment
Among College Students