- A retail store refuses to make a simple and inexpensive adjustment
that would make its entrance accessible for people who use wheel
- A store security guard always searches people who "look Mexican" but
does not search people who do not "look Mexican."
- A bar or restaurant objects to noisy or boisterous behavior by customers of a certain race or ethnicity, while tolerating or ignoring the same behavior by customers of a different race or ethnicity.
- A movie theater owner refuses to sell tickets to a couple that
he/she thinks is gay.
- A business offering wedding planning services refuses to serve a gay couple because the business owner does not believe in same-sex marriage.
What To Do
Contact us, do not
wait! You have one year from the time the discrimination happened
to file a charge with our agency.