The 2013 National Women's History Month Theme
"Women Inspiring Innovation through Imagination, honors generations of women who throughout American history have used their intelligence, imagination, sense of wonder, and tenacity to make extraordinary contributions to the STEM fields."
- National Women's History Project (NWHP)
Founding Mothers: Remembering the Ladies - Free Webcast
March 6 at 1:00 to 2 PM
Webcast - Register and viewing information
"Cokie Roberts hosts this fascinating discussion of the struggles to establish a nation as seen through the eyes of our nation's first First Ladies: Martha Washington, Abigail Adams, and Dolley Madison. Share their behind-the-scenes insights into the challenges faced by their husbands, as well as learn about the often overlooked contributions of these essential founding mothers." (NWHP)
International Leadership Forum: Women's Rights and Empowerment: The Role of Education
The International Leadership Program will host a panel of experts for the Spring 2013 International Leadership Forum.
The International Leadership Forum brings in local, national, and internationally renowned leaders to discuss the theme leadership on an international context. This spring the forum will feature a panel of experts in the area of Women's Human Rights. The forum is free and open to the public.
March 19, 2013 at 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Thorton Auditorium, Minneapolis Campus
Event contact: David Hamm 651-962-4441 firstname.lastname@example.org
Web sites and resources related to Women's History Month
- Clara Hampson Ueland, one of the leading advocates for women's suffrage in Minnesota.
- Martha Ripley, one of the first female physicians in the United States, in 1886 she founded the Maternity Hospital in Minneapolis.
- Nellie Stone Johnson, Minnesota civil rights leader and first African American to be elected to public office in Minneapolis.
- 2013 Women's History Month Opens Path to STEM - Teaching Tolerance
- National Women's History Month (National Women's History Project)
- Women's History Month, The Library of Congress
- 100th anniversary of the suffragist march of 1913 (Library of Congress)
- Women's Suffrage, MN Historical Society
- League of Women Voters, Minnesota
- The Humphrey School of Public Affairs, Center on Women and Public Policy