October is Disability in Employment Awareness Month
This month honors the "contributions of workers with disabilities and serves to inform the public that they represent a highly skilled talent pool that can help employers compete in today's global economy."
- U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy
Web Sites and Resources Related to Disability in Employment
- Access Press - Minnesota's disability community news source
- The Library of Congress celebrates Disability in Employment Awareness Month
- Minnesota Management and Budget - Extensive list of disability awareness links and resources
- Minnesota State Council on Disability (MSCOD) - MSCOD is the comprehensive resource on the disability perspective for lawmakers, state agencies, nonprofits, businesses and individuals with disabilities.
- National Disability Rights Network - Protection and advocacy for individuals with disabilities
- U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) - ODEP provides national leadership by developing and influencing disability employment-related policies and practices affecting an increase in the employment of people with disabilities.