Contract Compliance Rating of Large State Projects
MDHR posts the workforce participation rates for minorities and women working on large state construction projects monitored by the Department because of the impact that such large state construction projects can have on employment opportunities in Minnesota.
We define a large construction project as a project that is likely to require more than 10,000 labor hours to complete. Minorities are defined under Minnesota law for the purposes of workforce participation as follows:
- Black, persons having origins of any of the Black African racial groups not of Hispanic origin;
- Hispanic, persons of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Central American, South American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race;
- Asian and Pacific Islander, persons having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, the Indian subcontinent, or the Pacific Islands; and
- American Indian or Alaskan Native, persons having origins in any of the original peoples of North America and maintaining identifiable tribal affiliations through membership and participation or community identification.
The information presented below is a point-in-time snapshot that is based, in part, upon the last monthly report submitted by the contractor to MDHR.
Workforce Participation Goals
The commissioner periodically adjusts workforce participation goals for state construction projects. The commissioner issued revised workforce participation goals for minorities on construction projects in April of 2012 in response to Minnesota’s changing demographics. The workforce participation goals for Hennepin and Ramsey county projects were adjusted to 32%; in Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Scott and Washington County the workforce participation goals were adjusted to 22%.
In 2011, the workforce participation rate for minorities for all projects in Minnesota was 12.69%. In 2012, the workforce participate rate grew to 16.85%; in 2013, the participation climbed to 21.54% and in 2014, the participation rate swelled to 27.52%. Please check out Participation Goals to review current workforce participation statistics.
Monthly Report: Workforce Participation for Large State Projects
The chart below shows the level of women and minority participation for active large state projects. For each state project listed, the chart provides data on the following:
- Contractor Name: The state contractor working on the project.
- Project Name & Contracting Agency: Details regarding the project and the state agency contracting the work.
- Project Hours to Date: The number of hours completed on a project to date.
- Minority Participation/Goal: The level of participation by people of color is expressed as a percentage of the total number of work hours performed by all employees. The minority goal for the project is expressed as a percentage of the number of work hours expected to be performed.
- Women Participation/Goal: The level of participation for women is expressed as a percentage of the total number of work hours performed by all employees. The goal for women for the project is expressed as a percentage of the number of work hours expected to be performed.
- Start/End: The start and anticipated completion date for the project.
- County: The County in which the work is being performed.
For a document with detailed information on the projects that the Department is monitoring, visit the monthly Large Projects Monitored Detailed Report (PDF).