Instructions for Completing the Monthly Project Summary Report
Instructions to be used with MDHR Monthly Summary Util WORKSHEETS (Microsoft Excel document)
Who must complete the Monthly Project Summary Report?
The prime contractor must complete this form for each month of work on a construction project monitored by the Minnesota Department of Human Rights (MDHR). The prime contractor is notified of its reporting obligations when it receives a preconstruction packet from the department. Forms are mailed with the packet and are also available at the department's web site at the following address: http://www.humanrights.state.mn.us/compliance/forms.html
What information must be sent to MDHR each month?
The prime contractor will file a completed Monthly Project Summary Report and all applicable Monthly Utilization Reports by the 10th day of the month following each month of work. Monthly Utilization Reports must be completed for all contractors on the project, including the prime and each of its subcontractors. The Monthly Summary Project Report will show the sum of all hours entered in the Monthly Utilization Reports.
What other information needs to be provided?
Complete all fields on the Monthly Project Summary Report. Enter the project number and description as indicated by MDHR in its preconstruction packet and other correspondence. Generally, the department uses a number and project description provided by the contracting agency. Please make any needed corrections to the estimated completion date. If you have information that will help us better understand the report or if contact information changes, use the box at the bottom of the form for additional information or attach a cover letter. If the Monthly Project Summary Report is incomplete or does not reflect the sum of hours in the utilization reports for that month, you will be asked to resubmit it.
When are reports due?
The Monthly Summary Report and Monthly Utilization Reports are due the 10th day of the month after work is performed. For example, work performed in June must be reported by the 10th of July. If you do not have all of the month's subcontractor utilization reports by the due date, please submit all data that you have by the 10th. Any subcontractor reports submitted to the prime after the due date can be added as hours for the following month's report. If there are no work hours during a given month, you must still report it.
Do not delay filing your reports. According to MDHR rules, timely submission of reports is part of the determination of a contractor's Good Faith Efforts. MDHR will issue notices of deficiency when reports are not received on time.
How do I complete the Monthly Project Summary Report?
- Part I of the form has two entry fields. Enter the total number of hours worked on the project (by both the prime and subs) for the month reported and all hours worked on the project to date.
- Part II (A) has four entry fields. Enter the total number of minority hours (both prime and subs) worked on the project for the month and for the project to date. In addition, enter the percentages of the total hours that are minority hours for the month and for the project to date.
- Part II (B) has four entry fields. Enter the total number of female hours (both prime and subs) worked on the project for the month and for the project to date. In addition, enter the percentages of the total hours that are female hours for the month and for the project to date.
- Minority hours are the hours worked by racial minorities (B, H, AI/AN, etc.).
- Female hours are the hours worked by females.
- Hours worked by minority females are counted in both categories.
- Send each month as a separate document
- Do not revise a previous month's hours unless a MDHR compliance officer has instructed you to do so. Late-reported subcontractor hours should be submitted with the next month’s totals.
- Always indicate when the report is the final report for the project.
If mailing your materials, please do not staple or hole-punch pages.
Where do I send the completed reports?
All subcontractors should send their Monthly Utilization Reports to the prime contractor. The prime contractor then sends the completed Monthly Project Summary Report with accompanying Monthly Utilization Reports to MDHR.
By Fax: 651-296-9042
Compliance Services Section
Minnesota Department of Human Rights
625 Robert Street North
Saint Paul, MN 55155
If mailing, please do not staple or hole-punch materials.
Download Monthly Construction Reports
Monthly reports are required for certain construction projects funded by the State of Minnesota. If you have been notified by the Minnesota Department of Human Rights, another state agency, or a prime contractor that you must submit monthly reports, you can use these forms.
Tip for downloading 2010 Excel docs with Internet Explorer: Right-click on the Excel link and save the document to your desktop, then open it in Excel.
Please Note: the monthly summary and utilization forms are now contained within one Excel Workbook. Move from one form to another by selecting the appropriate worksheet tab at the bottom of the Excel window.