Public Testimony Sought for Prevention of Bullying Task Force
The Task Force on the Prevention of School Bullying is encouraging colleagues, community partners and individuals to become engaged in the work of the task force, which will examine current trends in bullying, intimidation and harassment in Minnesota schools and will review existing related laws and regulations. From this review and input from experts on the topic, the task force will define bullying, harassment and intimidation and then provide policy recommendations to the Governor and the legislature. The task force is scheduled to meet through July 2012.
Here's how you can engage with the work of the task force:
- Provide public comments to the task force on the issue of school bullying.
- Encourage others to provide their comments to the task force.
- Attend task force meetings. Meetings are open to the public and tentatively scheduled to be held at the MN Department of Education (MDE).
- Help turn out community members to listening sessions. The MDE is tentatively planning to host a few listening sessions in different communities across the state. These sessions will be open to the public.
You can provide your comments by:
- Speaking at a task force meeting: The last 15 minutes of the task force's meetings on April 16th, May 21st, and June 18th, will be set aside for public comments.
- Speaking at listening sessions: Listening sessions are tentatively planned for Bemidji, Rochester, and St. Cloud. Additional communities are being considered. There will be a time set aside during these sessions when participants can provide their comments.
- Submit comments in writing: Written comments can be submitted to the task force co-chairs or the lead MDE staff person, Rose Hermodson, at email@example.com.
For more information, visit the Task Force on Prevention of School Bullying web site.
Task force Seeking public Testimony
Your suggestions and ideas on the issue of school bullying are welcomed by the task force. If you are interested in testifying at a task force meeting, email Rose Hermodson, at rose.hermodson@
News & Announcements
- Replace current law, recommends Minnesota task force on bullying
- Community offers anti-bullying task force solutions (Mankato)
- Bullying Prevention Task Force to Hold Listening Sessions in Mankato
- Bullying Prevention Task Force to Hold Listening Sessions in Saint Cloud.
- Rochester students open up about school bullying
- Bullying Prevention Task Force to Hold Listening Sessions in Rochester
- Bullying Prevention Task Force to Hold Listening Sessions in Bemidji
- Bullying Prevention Task Force holds its first meeting
- Anoka-Hennepin school settlement hailed as 'blueprint'