Directions & Parking Information
Our office is located in the Freeman Building at 625 Robert Street North, Saint Paul, MN 55155.
All guests and visitors to the buildings should use the main entrance of the Freeman Office Building (located on Robert Street) and check in at the security desk. The desk is staffed from 8 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. See Capitol Complex map to find parking (PDF 37.4kb)
- If parking in the 14th street surface lot directly across from the Freeman Building, access is off 14th street via Jackson Street only.
- If parking in the orange level of the centennial parking ramp, access is off Martin Luther King Blvd. via Cedar Street.
- If parking in any other lot west or north of the Freeman Building, access is off of Cedar Street. Access to the Freeman Building dock to drop off documents or packages is off Columbus Avenue via Cedar Street.
- Parking for Guests and Disabled Public Parking Map (PDF)
- Metered lot parking options around the Capitol Complex
- Metered city street parking options around the Capitol Complex - NOTE: No parking on Robert Street due to construction of the Central Corridor Light Rail
- Most parking meters accept quarters and dollar coins only. Costs and time limits vary.
- Parking permits are available for $5/day at the Plant Management office, located in the Administration Building at 50 Sherburne Avenue, Room G-10.
- There is 15 minute parking for business with Plant Management in Lot Q at Cedar and Sherburne. Enter the lot on Sherburne and turn down the first row, spots are at the end of the row and are marked for Plant Management business.
For questions about parking on the Capital Complex write: Plant Management Division 50 Sherburne Avenue, Room G-10 - St. Paul, MN 55155; or call 651.201.2300 between the hours of 7:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
All deliveries, including document and package drop offs, must be brought to the Freeman dock. Access to the Freeman dock is from Columbus Ave and East Central Park Place via Cedar street. From Cedar Street proceed east on Columbus Ave between the Centennial Building and the National Guard Armory. Turn north directly behind the Freeman Building on East Central Park Place. Pull into one of the available dock bays or ring the outside bell if dock doors are closed. Dock staff will take possession of your delivery and contact the appropriate staff. Dock hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
From the north, heading south on 35E
Take the University Avenue exit, exit number 107C, towards State Capitol Turn right on University Avenue. The Freeman Building is located on the southwest corner of Robert and Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard streets
From the south, heading north on 35E
Take the 11th Street exit, exit number 106C. The Freeman Building is located on the southwest corner of Robert and Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard streets.
From the east, heading west on 94
Take the 12th Street exit, exit number 242A, towards State Capitol Merge onto 12th Street. The Freeman Building is located on the southwest corner of Robert and Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard streets.
From the west, heading east on 94
Take the Kellogg Avenue exit Turn right onto Kellogg Avenue Turn left onto John Ireland Boulevard Turn right onto Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. The Freeman Building is located on the southwest corner of Robert and Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard streets.