Minnesota State Law Library

Ask a Law Librarian

Home Research Legal Topics Skills Center Services About Us

Skills Center: Paternity Documents, Copies of

Instructions for obtaining a certified copy of a Recognition of Parentage (ROP), Declaration of Parentage (DOP), Husband's Non-Paternity Statement (HNPS) or a Revocation of an ROP, DOP, or HNPS can be found at the Minnesota Department of Health Web site: Adding an Unmarried Father's Name to the Child's Birth Record.

Related Topics: Paternity.

DISCLAIMER:  As librarians and not lawyers, we can suggest resources but cannot give legal advice (such as which form to file), or legal opinions, (such as how a statute might apply to particular facts.)  To do so could be considered the unauthorized practice of law.  Even though we try to suggest materials that will be of help, further research is usually required to find a complete and correct answer.  For many questions, the best answer may be to consult an attorney.  For links to resources on finding an attorney, see http://www.lawlibrary.state.mn.us/selfhelp.html#atty.

Back to Skills Center

Minnesota State Law Library: Skills Center: Paternity Documents, Copies of

Last updated on March 10, 2015.
Links checked on January 14, 2015.

Please send suggestions to the webmaster.