Minnesota State Law Library

Ask a Law Librarian

Home Research Legal Topics Skills Center Services About Us

Suggested Referrals

General Resources -- Government

Federal Information Center. 1-800-FED-INFO (333-4636). For help in getting the right federal agency. See also, USA.gov, the Federal Government's online portal.

Minnesota's Bookstore, 660 Olive Street, St. Paul, MN 55155. (651) 297-3000 or 1-800-657-3757.

Information Policy Analysis Division, Minnesota Department of Administration. (651) 296-6733 or 1-800-657-3721. Provides assistance to citizens and government agencies in answering questions about Minnesota government data practices, including freedom of information and data privacy.

Legal Advice Clinics & Self-Help in the Courts. There is also a state-wide self-help service center which can be contacted by email and telephone (651) 259-3888. Phone hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., closed legal holidays.

General Resources -- Private or non-profit

United Way 2-1-1, the United Way's Information and Referral Number. Dial 211 or on a cell phone dial (651) 291-0211 in the metro or 1-800-543-7709 outstate. TTY: (651) 291-8440.

LawHelpMN.org. Helping Low-Income Minnesotans Solve Civil Legal Problems.

Calendar of Self-Help Clinics at Minnesota County Law Libraries.

County Referral Fact Sheets, Resources for Legal Representation in State Court, by county, from the Minnesota State Law Library.

Twin Cities legal clinics listed by topic, from Call for Justice, LLC.

Resources by Subject

Don't see your subject? Try Lawyer Referral or Legal Assistance

African Americans
Bankruptcy and Debt
Children and Youth
Conciliation (Small Claims) Court
Crime Victims
Criminal Defense
Criminal Expungement
Dispute Resolution
Divorce and Family Law
Employment Law
Gays and Lesbians
Hmong and Lao
Human Rights
Lawyer Referral
Legal Assistance
Municipal Law
Native Americans
Small Business
Southeast Asians


Minneapolis Urban League. (612) 302-3100. Our mission is to provide human services and advocacy that will enable African Americans and other minority group members residing in the greater Minneapolis Metropolitan Area to cultivate and develop their individual and group potential on a par with all other Minnesotans.


Farmers' Legal Action Group. (651) 223-5400. Farmers' Legal Action Group, Inc. (FLAG) is a nonprofit law center dedicated to providing legal services to family farmers and their rural communities in order to help keep family farmers on the land.


Minnesota AIDS Project. (651) 341-2060 and 1-800-243-7321. Provides consultation and assistance with legal issues related to living with HIV including estate planning, credit or debt issues, job discrimination, child custody and guardianship.


Bankruptcy Advice Clinic, from the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Minnesota. For more information about the clinic project, contact the Volunteer Lawyers Network at (612) 752-6677.

Debtor Help, from the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Minnesota.

University of Minnesota Consumer Bankruptcy Clinic. 229 19th Ave. South, #285, Minneapolis, MN 55455. (612) 625-5515.

University of St. Thomas Law School Bankruptcy Law Clinic. (651) 962-4960.

Volunteer Lawyers Network. (612) 752-6677. Bankruptcy walk-in clinics in Minneapolis and St. Paul. Debt collection clinic requires a telephone appointment.


Cancer Legal Line. The information provided is focused on the resources and law in Minnesota. Attorney referral service: (651) 472-5599.


Children's Law Center of Minnesota. (651) 644-4438. CLC is appointed by the court to provide legal representation to children who are either wards of the state - "legal orphans" - or have been removed from their homes because they are in need of protection. CLC also represents foster children who request help. CLC provides this quality representation free of charge.

Youth Law Clinic at Youth Link, 41 North 12th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55403. Mondays 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. (612) 252-1200.


Ramsey County Housing or Conciliation Court Self-Help Center.Tuesdays, 1:00-4:00 p.m. Ramsey County Courthouse Law Library, 15 Kellogg Blvd. W., St. Paul, 18th Floor, No Appointments Made. First Come, First Served. Doors Open at 12:30. (651) 266-8391.

Volunteer Lawyers' Network Conciliation Court Legal Advice Clinic. Minneapolis City Hall, 350 South Fifth Street, Room 312, Minneapolis, MN 55415. Tuesdays 9 - 11am and 1 - 3 pm; Thursdays 9 - 11 am and 1 - 3 pm, 612-752-6666.


Better Business Bureau of Minnesota and North Dakota. File and manage complaints online. Phone: (651) 699-1111, Fax: (651) 699-7665, Toll Free: 800-646-6222, E-mail: ask@thefirstbbb.org.

Office of the Minnesota Attorney General. (651) 296-3353, toll-free 1-800-657-3787, TDD: (612) 297-7206. Investigates potential violations of consumer protection laws. Enforces consumer laws including fraud and false advertising. Racial profiling complaints.

Minnesota Public Interest Research Group (MPIRG). (612) 627-4035. Non-profit group that advocates on issues of the environment, consumers and social and economic rights; funded and directed by college and university students statewide.

Park Avenue Foundation/Volunteer Lawyers' Network Walk-in Legal Clinic. Thursdays 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. (except holidays.)


Aurora Center for Advocacy & Education. 24-hour crisis hotline: (612) 626-9111. Provides crisis intervention and advocacy services to victim/survivors of sexual and relationship violence, harassment and stalking who are affiliated with the University of Minnesota.

Battered Women's Legal Advocacy Project. BWLAP staff attorneys answer legal questions for anyone who calls or e-mails the organization. Phone: (612) 343-9842 or Toll-Free: 1-800-313-2666. Citizens' Council Victim Services.

Crime Victim Justice Unit (Minnesota Office of Justice Programs). (651) 201-7310 or 1-800-247-0390. Dial 2-1-1 or 800-543-7709 for 24-hour information or referral services. Advise crime victims of their rights and monitor the enforcement of those rights. Investigate complaints of victims who believe they have been treated unfairly in the criminal justice system.

Hennepin County Domestic Abuse Service Center. Hennepin County Government Center, 300 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55487. (612) 348-5073.

Resources for People Experiencing Violence. Ramsey County.

Resource List for Crime Victims, from the Crime Victim Justice Unit, Minnesota Office of Justice Programs.

Safe at Home, address confidentiality program from the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State. (651) 201-1399, Toll Free: 1-866-723-3035, Minnesota Relay Services: 711 or 1-800-627-3529. Email: safe.athome@state.mn.us

Sexual Assault Resource Service (Hennepin County Medical Center). (612) 873-5832. Provides assistance to victims of rape and sexual assault through area hospital emergency departments 24 hours a day.

Sexual Violence Center Legal Clinic. 3657 Fremont Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN 55412. Second Thursday of every month from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. (612) 871-5100 ext. 14. mclose@sexualviolencecenter.org.

Tubman Family Alliance - Crisis Line 24-hour hot line: (612) 825-0000. Shelter for battered women and their children. Services include advocacy, information and referral to community resources, legal assistance in obtaining Orders for Protection, support groups and safety planning.

Women's Advocates Inc. (651) 227-8284. Court advocate in family court to assist battered women in the shelter in getting Orders for Protection, etc.


Criminal Defense Services, Inc. For low-income criminal defendants in Ramsey County who do not qualify for a public defender. Limited to those charged with petty misdemeanors, misdemeanors, gross misdemeanors, or certain low-level felony offenses.

Federal Public Defender. (612) 664-5858.

Innocence Project of Minnesota. (651) 523-3152. Requests for Innocence Project of Minnesota's legal and investigative assistance must be in writing. MAILING ADDRESS: Innocence Project of Minnesota, 1600 Utica Avenue, Ste. 140 St. Louis Park, MN 55416.

Legal Rights Center. (612) 337-0030. Represents, without charge, low-income people and people of color who have legal problems associated with the juvenile justice, criminal justice, and child welfare systems.

Minnesota Public Defenders (612) 349-2565. Handles criminal defense appeals for indigent people.

Neighborhood Justice Center (NJC). (651) 222-4703. A community law office dedicated to providing comprehensive criminal defense services for low income persons, emphasizing outreach to communities of color. The agency focuses its work in St. Paul, Minnesota, and the surrounding East Metro area.


Community Resources for ex-felons and others. A list compiled by the Council on Crime and Justice.

Criminal Expungement clinic, by the Ramsey District Court.

Expungement Assistance Seminars, from the Council on Crime and Justice. (612) 353-3024.

The FATHER Project, Its mission is to assist fathers in overcoming the barriers that prevent them from supporting their children economically and emotionally. Includes help with expungement. (612) 724-3539.

Second Chance Saturday Workshops, from the Council on Crime and Justice and University of Minnesota Law School's Diversity Clubs. Learn how to obtain and understand your criminal record, how to explain it to potential employers, and whether or not you may be eligible for expungement.

William Mitchell Self-Help Clinic, offers assistance with criminal expungement. (651) 695-7609.


Disability Minnesota. This website provides a single entry point to over 100 Minnesota state agency programs, products, and services that are devoted to the range of disability issues. It also provides access to laws, statutes, and regulations in pertinent disability-related areas.

Minnesota Disability Law Center. (651) 222-3749 (Twin Cities metro area), 1-800-292-4150 (Greater Minnesota), (612) 332-4668 (TDD). Provides specialized legal information for people with developmental and physical disabilities.

PACER Center: Parent Advocacy Coalition for Education Rights. (952) 838-9000, TTY: (952) 838-0190, Toll-free in Greater Minnesota: 1-800-537-2237.


Dispute Resolution Center. Dispute Resolution Center promotes the constructive resolution of conflict through open communication and shared decision-making.


Anoka County Law Library Family Law Clinic (763)-422-7487.

Dakota County Family Court Self-Help Center. Apple Valley location (952) 891-7135; West St. Paul location (651) 438-8102; Hastings location (651) 438-8080.

Dakota County Parent Resources.

Family Court Self-Help Center, in the Fourth District (Hennepin County) Courts. (612) 752-6677.

Family Court Self-Help Service Center, in the Second District (Ramsey County) Courts. (651) 266-5125.

The FATHER Project, Its mission is to assist fathers in overcoming the barriers that prevent them from supporting their children economically and emotionally. (612) 724-5359.

Hennepin County Bar Association Low Fee Family Law Project. The Low Fee Family Law Project provides full representation on family court matters only, in Hennepin, Ramsey, Anoka and Dakota counties, for individuals who meet income guidelines. Call (612) 752-6666, from 9:00 to noon and 1:15 to 4:15, Monday through Friday.

Parental Abduction Child Recovery Team. 1-866-HOPE-163 (1-866-467-3163).

Park Avenue Foundation/Volunteer Lawyers' Network Walk-in Legal Clinic. Thursdays 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. (except holidays.)

Sherburne County Law Library Family Law Clinic, (763) 241-2974.

Tubman Center. (612) 871-0118. Volunteer attorneys provide free legal representation to low-income individuals with family law cases in Hennepin, Washington or Ramsey counties.

Volunteer Lawyers Network. (612) 752-6677. Family Law phone advice for Hennepin County residents who meet financial eligibility requirements.

Washington County Legal Advice Clinics, (651) 430-6330.

Wright County Law Library Free Law Clinic, (763) 682-7592.

William Mitchell Self-Help Clinic, (651) 695-7609.

Women's Advocates. (651) 227-8284 (Crisis Line) or (651) 227-9966 (Business Line).


Park Avenue Foundation/Volunteer Lawyers' Network Walk-in Legal Clinic. Thursdays 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. (except holidays.)


Lambda Justice Center. (612) 379-2383. Preventive legal education, referrals and workplace diversity training, for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transsexual people.


Hmong American Partnership. (651) 495-9160. Providing social services to Hmong families in the Twin Cities area.

Neighborhood Justice Center. (651) 222-4703. Legal representation by staff lawyers for juvenile and criminal offenses. Bilingual staff is available (Spanish/English and Hmong/English.)


Community Action Partnership of Suburban Hennepin. St. Louis Park and Richfield, (952) 933-1993.

Dakota County Community Development Agency Foreclosure Hotline (651) 675-4555.

Housing Resources for Minneapolis, from the Fourth District Housing Court.

Minnesota Home Ownership Center. Phone: (651) 659-9336, Toll Free: 1-866-462-6466. Includes foreclosure prevention resources.

Park Avenue Foundation/Volunteer Lawyers' Network Walk-in Legal Clinic. Thursdays 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. (except holidays.)

Volunteer Lawyers' Network Real Estate Clinic. Urban League, 2100 Plymouth Ave. North, Minneapolis, MN 55411. All types of real estate questions. Call for appointment: (612) 752-6677.


American Civil Liberties Union of Minnesota. (651) 645-4097. Investigates, researches and provides free legal counsel for cases that are taken as civil liberties violations. Takes only a limited number of cases involving fundamental issues and constitutional rights under the U.S. and Minnesota Constitutions.

Minnesota Human Rights Department. (651) 539-1100 (TTY 651-296-1283) or Toll Free at 800-657-3704. Mission to make Minnesota discrimination free.

The Advocates for Human Rights. Client intake line (612) 341-9845. Volunteer attorneys represent low-income asylum seekers who have fled persecution in their home countries with interviews with ICE asylum officers and in removal proceedings before immigration judges. Also provides brief advice, pro se (self-representation) information and limited assistance in preparing asylum application to asylum seekers not accepted for full representation.


Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota, 1-800-223-1368 (client line), (651) 641-1011 (office line). Mission is to provide quality immigration legal services and law-related education to meet the steadily increasing needs of Minnesota's growing immigrant and refugee communities.

Legal Clinic-Waite House. 2529 13th Ave. South, Minneapolis, MN 55404. (612) 721-1681.

Minnesota Council of Churches Refugee Services Program. (612) 874-8605. Resettlement services for refugees entering Minnesota. Applications filed for refugees with relatives eligible for resettlement under U.S. refugee program.

Minnesota State Bar Association Immigrant Law Pro Bono Clinic. Intake line: (612) 641-1114.

Park Avenue Foundation/Volunteer Lawyers' Network Walk-in Legal Clinic. Thursdays 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. (except holidays.)

Refugee and Immigrant Program, from the Advocates for Human Rights. Immigration Client Line: (612) 341-9845.

University of St. Thomas Law School, Legal Services Clinic, Immigration Law Practice Group. (651) 962-4960.


LegalCORPS. Inventor Assistance Program, contact LegalCORPS at inventorassist@legalcorps.org or at (612) 278-6348. Inventor applicants must be Minnesota residents or operate a business in Minnesota.


HOME Line, A nonprofit Minnesota statewide tenant advocacy organization. (612) 728-5767, Greater MN 866-866-3546.

Housing Court. Hennepin County Govt. Center, 300 South 6th Street, Rm. C-300, Minneapolis, MN 55487 (612) 348-5186.

Ramsey County Housing or Conciliation Court Self-Help Center.Tuesdays, 1:00-4:00 p.m. Ramsey County Courthouse Law Library, 15 Kellogg Blvd. W., St. Paul, 18th Floor, No Appointments Made. First Come, First Served. Doors Open at 12:30. (651) 266-8391.

Minnesota Multi Housing Association (MHA). An owners' association, promoting the highest standards in the development, management and maintenance of rental and owner-occupied multi housing. (952) 854-8500. Hotline: (952) 858-8222.
MHA's landlord/tenant hotline provides pre-recorded information on security deposits, leases, giving notice, discrimination and other topics related to rental statutes and rights. If your question is not answered within the recording, you may leave a message and one of our knowledgeable volunteers will return your call.

Minnesota Tenants Union. 612) 874-5733. Provides public policy advocacy and community education with and on behalf of low-income tenants. The MTU also provides technical support to tenant organizing and makes individual complaint referrals. Address: 2121 Nicollet Ave #203, Minneapolis, MN 55404. FAX: (612) 874-5733.

Park Avenue Foundation/Volunteer Lawyers' Network Walk-in Legal Clinic. Thursdays 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. (except holidays.)

St. Paul Tenants Union. (651) 221-0501. Assist in multi-unit buildings to organize and address problems with rental units and landlords. Educate tenants about their rights and responsibilities.

Washington County Civil Legal Advice Clinic. (651) 430-6330. Must be a resident of Washington County.


Casa de Esperanza. (651) 646-5553. Linea de crisis 24-horas: (651) 772-1611 Nuestra misión es movilizar a las Latinas y a las communidades latinas para erradicar la violencia doméstica.

Comunidades Latinas Unidas en Servicio (CLUES). (612) 746-3500 or (651) 379-4200. Provides help for victims/survivors of sexual harassment, incest, sexual abuse, rape and their families. Services include: Bilingual counseling, Legal advocacy, Emergency post-assault hospital, education.

La Red de Abogados Voluntarios. (651) 379-4223.


Dakota County Attorney Referral. (952) 431-3200. Attorney referral listing to provide names of attorneys, including those who have a sliding fee scale, to clients who can afford one.

Hennepin County Bar Association. (612) 752-6666. Lawyers' referral and information line.

Christian Legal Society of Minnesota, (612) 292-1721. CLS of Minnesota supports Twin Cities Christian Legal Aid, a nonprofit corporation, whose mission it is to serve the poor, disabled and homeless by offering legal advice, assistance and referrals to Christian and other agencies to help individuals and their families become free of legal entanglements and become reconciled to God.

Twin Cities Christian Legal Aid (612) 927-3104 and email address: information@tccla.org

Minnesota State Bar Association. 1-800-292-4152.

Ramsey County Bar Association. (651) 224-1775. Provides referrals to attorneys in Ramsey County. Screens attorney to assure they are licensed and have met the referral service's standards. The Ramsey County Bar Association offers a modest fee service for people who are low income but don't qualify for legal aid.

Washington County Attorney Referral Service. (952) 351-7172. Provides attorney representation to individuals with problems in family law, housing, grandparent rights and consumer matters.


Brian Coyle Community Center Legal Clinic. 420 15th Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55454. (612) 338-5282.

Hamline University School of Law Clinics. (651) 523-2800.

Legal Access Point Clinic. Skyway Level, Hennepin County Government Center, 300 Sixth Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55487. Also Brookdale Courthouse. (612) 752-6666.

Legal Advice Clinics, of the Fourth District (Hennepin County) Courts.

Legal Assistance of Dakota County, Ltd., 15025 Glazier Ave. Suite 201 Apple Valley, MN 55124. (952) 431-3200.

Lyndale Neighborhood Clinic. Lyndale Neighborhood Community Center. 3537 Nicollet Avenue South, Minneapolis MN 55408. Attorneys provide general legal advice to Lyndale neighborhood residents in 20-minute time slots. (612) 824-9402.

Minnesota Legal Aid Offices Directory. Search page.

Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services. St. Paul Telephone Intake: (651) 222-4731 (Ramsey, Washington, Dakota, Carver and Scott Counties); St. Paul Seniors Intake: (651) 224-7301 (includes Ramsey, Washington, Dakota, Carver and Scott Counties); Rural Counties Toll Free Telephone Intake: 1-888-575-2954 (or 1-507-377-7401) (includes: Blue Earth, Brown, Cottonwood, Dodge, Faribault, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Houston, Jackson, Le Sueur, Martin, McLeod, Mower, Murray, Nicollet, Nobles, Olmsted, Pipestone, Redwood, Rice, Rock, Sibley, Steele, Wabasha, Waseca, Watonwan, and Winona Counties).

Twin Cities Christian Legal Aid. Twin Cities Christian Legal Aid ("TCCLA") seeks to serve the poor, disabled and homeless by offering legal advice, limited assistance and spiritual counsel as well as referrals to Christian and other agencies in order to help individuals and their families become free of legal entanglements and become reconciled with God.

Walk-In Clinics and Other Legal Help Clinics, listed by LawHelpMN.org.

University of Minnesota Civil Practice Clinic. (612) 625-5515. Legal assistance for non-criminal problems. Divorce cases accepted.

University of Saint Thomas Law School Clinics. (651) 962-4960.

Volunteer Lawyers Network Clinics.

William Mitchell College of Law Clinical Program, (651) 290-6351.

William Mitchell Self-Help Clinic. (651) 695-7609; Email: selfhelp.clinic@wmitchell.edu


Migrant Legal Services. (651) 291-2837 or 800-652-9733. Provides civil legal information and services to migrant workers.


League of Minnesota Cities. (651) 281-1200 and Toll-free number: (800) 925-1122. The League of Minnesota Cities is committed to Cities building quality communities through excellence in governance, management and services to citizens.

City Information and Complaints Office. (651) 266-8989. The complaint department serving St. Paul residents.


Indian Child Welfare Law Center. (612) 879-9165 and toll-free 1-866-879-0123. Legal services that handle matters falling under the Indian Child Welfare Act.

Indian Legal Assistance Program. 107 West First Street, Duluth, MN 55802. (218) 727-2881 or 1-888-249-3205.

Minneapolis American Indian Center. (612) 879-1700. Provides services that is essential and appropriate to meet the needs of Indian families experiencing difficulties with the social welfare system. On-line case management system to coordinate child protection cases between tribal and urban service providers.

Minnesota American Indian Bar Association's Resource List.

Southern MN Regional Legal Services and East Side American Indian Outreach office. (651) 771-4455. Low income persons in Ramsey, Washington, Dakota, Scott, and Carver counties.


LegalCORPS. LegalCORPS provides free assistance in non-litigation business law matters to low-income owners of small businesses, small nonprofit organizations and low-income innovators in Minnesota, through the services of volunteer attorneys. Metro Phone: (612) 206-0780, Toll-free: 1-888-454-5267.


Legal Assistance to MN Prisoners (LAMP). (651) 290-8651. Provide legal assistance to inmates of Minnesota State Prisons at Stillwater, St Cloud, Lino Lakes, Shakopee, Oak Park Heights, Willow River, Faribault, Moose Lake, Red Wing and Rush City.


Legal Advocacy for Older Americans. (612) 332-1441.

Legal Clinic for Seniors with Real Estate Related Issues. First Wednesday of every month, 10:30 a.m. 2600 Denzie Terrace, Saint Anthony, MN 55418. (612) 781-5096. Sponsored by Northeast Senior Services, Inc.

Legal Services for Senior Citizens of Anoka County. (763) 689-2849. Legal representation or advice in civil matters such as: medical assistance, medicare, supplemental health insurance, nursing home rights, Social Security Retirement.

Park Avenue Foundation/Volunteer Lawyers' Network Walk-in Legal Clinic. Thursdays 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. (except holidays.)

Volunteers of America of Minnesota. (612) 676-6300.

Senior Law Projects (St. Paul). (651) 224-7301. Provides free legal representation and advice to low income and other needy elderly. Case priorities for representation focus on problems that affect low-income elderly.

Senior LinkAge Line, from the Minnesota Board on Aging. A free telephone information and assistance service, which makes it easy for older adults and their families to find community services. 1-800-333-2433, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays, and messages can be left after hours, 24 hours a day. TDD/TTY users call the Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1.

University of St. Thomas Law School, Legal Services Clinic, Elder Law Practice Group. (651) 962-4960.

Upper Midwest Pension Rights Project. Toll Free Number: 1-866-783-5021; MN Residents: (651) 251-5765; Email: pensions@tcaging.org.


LegalCORPS. LegalCORPS provides free assistance in non-litigation business law matters to low-income owners of small businesses, small nonprofit organizations and low-income innovators in Minnesota, through the services of volunteer attorneys. Metro Phone: (612) 752-6678, Toll-free: 1-888-454-5267.


Confederation of Somali Community in Minnesota. (612) 605-3222, email: info@csc-mn.org. Our mission is to strengthen the capacity of Somalis in Minnesota to become contributing members of society, while keeping their culture.


Southeast Asian Refugee Community Home (SEARCH). (612) 673-9388. Pro-bono legal advocacy - Asian juvenile delinquency prevention and intervention. Crime prevention training, translation/interpretation in court - Court preparation and victim's services.


AccountAbility Minnesota, (651) 287-0187. Free tax prep to low- and moderate-income individuals.

Internal Revenue Service. 1-800-829-1040. Federal income tax questions answered.

Minnesota Department of Revenue. (651) 296-3781 and 1-800-652-9094. State income tax questions answered.

Tax Project of the Legal Aid Society of Minneapolis, (612) 752-6677. Advice and representation for clients who have MN Department of Revenue issues (NOT IRS or IRS/DOR). Hearing must be in St. Paul Tax Court.


Pro Bono Unemployment Compensation Appeals Program, at Winthrop & Weinstein P.A., offers legal help with your appeal. (612) 604-6505.

Unemployment Appeal Brief Advice Clinic, from the Minnesota State Law Library and the MSBA Labor and Employment Law Section. For those considering filing an appeal with the Court of Appeals.


Legal Assistance. Minnesota Army National Guard Office of the Staff Judge Advocate provides legal assistance to military personnel, retirees and their qualified dependents in accordance with Army Regulation 27-3. (651) 282-4911.

LinkVet, from the Minnesota Department of Veterans' Affairs. 1-888-546-5838.

Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans (MACV). VA Medical Center (Flag Atrium Balcony, Room 2S 114) 1 Veterans Drive Minneapolis, MN 55417. (612) 726-1327.


Vietnamese Social Services. (651) 641-8904. Information on health, social services, employment, welfare, housing and other resources available in the Twin Cities.

Minnesota State Law Library: Suggested Referrals

Last updated on December 4, 2015.
Links checked on December 4, 2015.

Please send suggestions to the Web Manager.