U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar will visit the Iron Range on Tuesday, January 17 and Wednesday, January 18, 2012 as part of her “Made in America” economic tour. Senator Klobuchar and Iron Range Resources and Rehabilitation Board (IRRRB) Commissioner Tony Sertich will highlight the importance of manufacturing to the economy.
Media are welcome to cover any of the events detailed in the itinerary below:
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
10:00 a.m. - Noon
Hibbing - Manufacturers Recognition Brunch
Hibbing Community College – Fine Dining Room
1515 East 25th Street, Hibbing, Minn.
• Welcome and Introductions – IRRRB - Commissioner Tony Sertich
• U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar
• Arrowhead Manufacturers & Fabricators Association – Sandy Bryant – AMFA President Elect & Hibbing Fabricators
• Northeast Higher Education District - President Sue Collins
• Enterprise Minnesota – President Bob Kill
• Input/Comments from manufacturers
2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Chisholm – Minnesota Twist Drill tour with Commissioner Sertich
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Virginia - Iron Range Engineering Visit/Tour and Mining Cluster Grants Update
9:15 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
Mountain Iron – Silicon Energy tour with Commissioner Sertich
11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Hibbing/Nashwauk - Essar Steel Tour with Commissioner Sertich