The business landscape is changing fast in northeastern Minnesota. New companies have chosen to relocate or expand in northeastern Minnesota over the past few years, tapping into a growing number of skilled workers. The costs for land and commercial real estate are significantly lower in the region, and the average electricity costs for industrial customers are six percent lower than the national average.
At the IRRRB, we’re here to help your business thrive. Along with our partners, we can offer abundant resources for grants, loans and venture capital. We also offer consulting, employee training, and infrastructure development resources. We ask business owners one simple question…how can we help?
* Historically dominant industries include mineral production, forest products, transportation and health care, but a growing base of companies involved in aviation, electronics, plastics, precision machining, technology, and back office operations are making their way to the region.
* Three commercial airports serve the Northland and UPS, FedEx, and other freight carriers provide daily air transportation of packages in and out of a number of regional airports.
* As for industrial parks, we’ve got the right land, buildings, and communities for your business startup, expansion, or relocation. We can help you find the perfect match!
* Minnesota is ranked among the 16 lowest-taxing states in the nation in fiscal year 2009.
* The state sales and use tax rate is 6.875 percent currently.
* Health care, social assistance, and retail trade are the top three industries with the most job vacancies in Minnesota, according to iSeek.