If you are applying for a Minnesota license, you must provide license verification from any state or province where you have been licensed in the past ten years. You may print and send this request form or simply contact the other boards to learn their procedure for verifying licenses and to find out if there is a fee. Online verifications are not sufficient.
If you are applying for a veterinary license in another state or Canadian province, there is usually a requirement for a license verification, commonly called a letter of good standing, from other states where you have been licensed. The fee to have the Minnesota Board of Veterinary Medicine send a license verification to another licensing board is $25.
To request license verification from Minnesota, please complete the following steps:
1. Open this website link in your browser: https://www.hlb.state.mn.us/sblmONLINE/public/default.aspx. Alternatively, the fee may be paid by check or money order accompanied by the paper form.
2. Select "Board of Veterinary Medicine" from the drop down menu, then click "Login"
3. Enter your last name or licensee number and click "Search"
4. Locate your information and click "Add to Cart"
5. A new page will load, if the information is correct click "Check Out"
6. Enter the destination address to receive license verification (the board the verification is to be sent to). Click "Check Out" when information is complete.
7. If information is correct, click "Continue to USBank." This will take you to an epayment page through License Minnesota. This is a secure website. Please enter your payment information then click "Continue." The fee for license verification is $25.00.
8. Once you have completed this stage, the information will be sent to the Board for review. If you have an additional form that the state requiring the license verification, please contact the board at email@example.com and let staff know you have an additional form.
9. Board staff will process the license verification request typically within 48 business hours.
Minnesota Statutes, section 156.015, subdivision 1: “The Board may charge a fee of $25 per license verification to a licensee for verification of licensure status provided to other veterinary licensing boards.”
2829 University Ave SE Suite 401, Minneapolis, MN 55414-4202
(651) 201-2844 FAX: (651) 201-2842
Hearing/Speech Relay: 1-800-627-3529
© Copyright 2013 - State of Minnesota Board of Veterinary Medicine.