Newly Licensed Administrators requiring fewer than 20 CE Clock Hours
· In order to renew online, you must enter a minimum of 20 hours in the Continuing Education table. Enter actual number of CE hours earned SINCE your initial licensure date, then enter one record for remaining hours using your initial licensure date. The letter sent with your initial license indicates your licensure date and the number of CE clock hours required to be earned (pro-rated to 0, 5, 10, 15). Those licensed in July must earn the full 20 hours.
· Type “New Licensee” under SESSIONS ATTENDED* and subtract your required/earned CE for the partial year from 20 and record that number in the clock hours field.
20 CE clock hours required
· All licensees must present 20 credits of continuing education to qualify for license renewal. See NEW licensee exception below.
· Count credits for workshops and activities completed between LAST May 1 and this April 30. Credits earned after April 30 this year may be used to meet your required number of clock hours, but cannot be carried over from year to year, nor can those used for renewal last year be used again for this years’ renewal. Pre-May 1 last year hours may NOT be used for this years’ renewal.
· Licensees who were newly licensed during the past year were notified then of the number of CE credits they need to complete, based on the percentage of the full year for which they were licensed. See the personalized information at the end of the letter sent with your initial license.
· Every 50th renewal application received online is audited, every 25th paper renewal received by June 1 is audited. We are required to audit at least 5% of all renewals.
· After June 1, all paper renewals are audited. We reserve the right to contact for audit any licensee whose application shows potentially questionable program content or hour calculations.
· If you are submitting your paper renewal after June 1, enclose copies of your certificates verifying your continuing education credits. Your renewal will be delayed if we must request them from you.
· If your renewal application is selected for audit, we will contact you by email. Within 15 days, you will need to provide copies of your certificates of attendance and other documentation supporting the CE credits you have claimed. Licensees who have inaccurately calculated clock hours, and have too few, will be required to complete additional CE clock hours to meet requirements in board rules.
Recording your CE credits
The Continuing Education section of the renewal application (paper and online) provides space to record the CE credits you earned since last May 1-Apr 30. Record the types of CE credits you have earned in the appropriate sections of the form. See the excerpt from board rules at our website to check how many CE credits are available for activities other than traditional workshops and programs. Check our website for a listing of board approved CE programs and their approval numbers at www.benha.state.mn.us. We also accept CE approved by NAB nabweb.org or other state NHA boards.
Sample of Continuing Education Credit Entry
The online renewal process will not allow you to continue if you enter fewer than 20 hours on this table.
You may not renew online if … you have continuing education courses which have not been pre-approved by MN-BENHA, NAB/NCERS, or another state LNHA board. See “non-approved courses” for directions. Get approved before you attempt online renewal using the approval application. Complete using YOUR contact information, not the CE vendors.
2829 University Ave SE Suite 404, Minneapolis, MN 55414-3230
(651) 201-2730 FAX: (651) 201-2763
Hearing/Speech Relay: (800) 627-3529
Comments? email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Minnesota Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer.
The Board does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status,
disability, public assistance, age, sexual orientation, or membership on a local human rights commission.
© Copyright 2014 - State of Minnesota Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators.