Welcome to a new way of doing business for state government.
“Better Government for a Better Minnesota” is not just another initiative. It is a mantra that is cultivating change throughout the state. A belief that government can make a positive difference in people’s lives, but to do so it can’t keep on doing things the same old ways. We need to save money, reduce waste, and make government work better for people . We need to build a state that works for all Minnesotans.
The simple fact is that the world is changing. People who live and do business in this Minnesota expect to have access to state services at a better value, wherever they are, and in a way that works for them. For too long, state government has been dependent on outdated systems, programs and layers of processes that just don’t work. In the face of rising costs, these outdated processes are not only time consuming, they are costly.
If we want to get Minnesota working again, we cannot continue with business as usual, that approach has proven to be unsustainable. We need to refocus and reassess our efforts on behalf of all Minnesotans. It is what they need, but more importantly, it is what they deserve.Current Program Improvements and Reform:
· Buy Health not Sickness : Reform how Minnesota delivers and pays for health care.
· Develop a business plan to grow Minnesota jobs and competitiveness.
· Make Minnesota’s tax system more fair and put Minnesota’s fiscal house in order.
· Deliver Better schools for a better Minnesota.
· Health Aging : Connect Minnesota seniors with services and their community.
Current System Improvements and Reform:
· Regulatory Reform : Streamline business permitting and licensing.
· LEAN : Continuously improve business processes.
· Performance Improvement: Reward performance and results.
· Technology : Improve how technology works for state government and our citizens.
· Sustainability : Reduce state energy consumption, waste, and greenhouse gas emissions.
Improve how state government
buys stuff and manages its assets
These are just a couple of the many incredible reforms taking place right now in state government. But they are also just the beginning.
Together, we are creating a Better Government for a Better Minnesota.