Promoter License (Combative Sports)
Agency contact information:
Labor and Industry (DLI), Minnesota Department of
443 Lafayette Road N.
St. Paul, MN 55155
(651) 284-5005 | (800) 342-5354 | (651) 297-4198 (TTY)
Office of Combative Sports, Minnesota
443 Lafayette Road N., St. Paul, MN 55155 | (651) 284-5366
(651) 284-5720 (fax)
Contact Info: Matt Schowalter
The Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry (DLI) oversees the state's apprenticeship, construction codes and licensing, occupational safety and health, wage and hour standards and workers' compensation programs and the Office of Combative Sports.
WI Multiple Persons Background Check Fom
WI Individual Background Check Form
MN Background check Informed Consent Instructions
MN Background check Informed Consent
Promoter License Application
Event Request Form
MMA National Database Memo
MMA Promoters National Database Instruction Manual
Bout Agreement Memo
Comatant/Promoter bout Agreement
Officials Fee Scale
Fight Cards, Venues, and Cages Memo
Boxing Event Preparation
MMA Event Preperation
See Promoters License and Event Information, forms are on this page.
Before the Office issues a license to a promoter, matchmaker, corporation, or other business entity, the applicant shall:
(1) provide the Office with a copy of any agreement between a contestant and the applicant that binds the applicant to pay the contestant a certain fixed fee or percentage of the gate receipts;
(2) show on the application the owner or owners of the applicant entity and the percentage of interest held by each owner holding a 25 percent or more interest in the applicant;
(3) provide the commission with a copy of the latest financial statement of the entity; and
(4) provide the Office with a copy or other proof acceptable to the commission of the insurance contract or policy required by this chapter.
Before the Office issues a license to a promoter, the applicant shall deposit with the Office a cash bond or surety bond in an amount set by the Office. The bond shall be executed in favor of this state and shall be conditioned on the faithful performance by the promoter of the promoter's obligations under this chapter and the rules adopted under it.
(5) $400 fee made payable to the Minnesota Office of Combative Sports to accompany application.
Promoter License - $700
As of July 1, 2013, all professional, amateur, and pro/am event fees will be $1,500 or 4% of the gate, whichever is greater.
Period of Issuance:
Effective July 1, 2013, all licenses will expire on December 31 of the current year.
Other Pertinent Information:
Review Minn. Stat. § 341.22-.37 for licensure requirements.