Education Sponsor/Provider Coordinator Approval
Agency contact information:
Commerce, Minnesota Department of
85 7th Place East, Suite 500
St. Paul, MN 55101
(651) 539-1599 | (800) 657-3978 (MN only, outside Metro area)
Contact Info: email@example.com
The Minnesota Department of Commerce is the chief regulator for the banking, energy, insurance, real estate, securities, telecommunications industries and also operates Minnesota's Unclaimed Property.
Minn. Stats. 45
Minn. Stat. § 45 provides that each License Education Sponsor must have at least one approved Coordinator who is responsible for supervising the License Education Sponsor's Program and assuring compliance with Minnesota laws and rules governing license education. License Education Sponsors may also apply for approval of additional Coordinators to act as assistant coordinators or emergency substitute coordinators if necessary. Each coordinator must be approved and on file with the Commerce Department.
A Coordinator must meet one of the three qualifications listed below:
* 5 years experience in a regulated industry for which the Sponsor offers license education courses.
* Degree in Education and 2 years experience in a regulated industry for which the Sponsor offers license education courses.
* 3 years experience administering an education program.
The responsibilities of a Coordinator specifically include:
* signing and issuing course completion certificates.
* maintaining student attendance records.
* being available to instructors and students throughout course offerings.
* supervision of course instructors.
* ensuring coverage of all points in the course outline approved by the Commerce Department.
* ensuring adequacy of classroom facilities.
* investigating complaints.
* notifying the Commerce Department within 10 days of any change in applications for approval on file with the Commerce Department.
* notifying the Commerce Department within 10 days of any felony or gross misdemeanor conviction or disciplinary action taken against an occupational license held by the Coordinator or an instructor teaching an approved offering.
Minn. Stat. § 45 provides that in connection with an approved course, the following practices are prohibited practices for Coordinators and Instructors:
* Coordinators and Instructors shall not issue inaccurate course completion certificates.
* Coordinators and Instructors shall not recommend or promote the services or practices of a particular business.
* Coordinators and Instructors shall not encourage or recruit individuals to engage the services of, or become associated with, a particular business.
* Coordinators and Instructors shall not use materials, clothing, or other evidences of affiliation with a particular entity.
* Coordinators and Instructors shall not require students to participate in other programs or services offered by the instructor, coordinator, or sponsor.
* Coordinators and Instructors shall not attempt, either directly or indirectly, to discover questions or answers on an examination for a license.
* Coordinators and Instructors shall not disseminate to any other person specific questions, problems, or information known or believed to be included in licensing examinations.
* Coordinators and Instructors shall not misrepresent any information submitted to the commissioner.
* Coordinators and Instructors shall not fail to cover, or ensure coverage of, all points, issues, and concepts contained in the course outline approved by the commissioner during the approved instruction.
Coordinator - $100
Period of Issuance:
Two years, expiring on January 31st.