License Minnesota

Brew Pub Off-Sale Intoxicating Liquor License

Minnesota Department of Public Safety (DPS)

Agency contact information:

Public Safety (DPS), Minnesota Department of
445 Minnesota Street
St. Paul, MN 55101
(651) 201-7000 | (651) 282-6555 (TTY)
Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement Division
445 Minnesota St., Suite 222, St. Paul, MN 55101-2156 | (651) 201-7531 | (651) 282-6555 (TDD)
(651) 297-5259 (fax)


Minnesota Department of Public Safety

Alcohol & Gambling Enforcement Division

Liquor License Database

 photo 21e7e369-790b-4248-b10d-1783930e0963.png

The Minnesota Department of Public Safety (DPS) is responsible for the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA), Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement, Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS), Emergency Communication Networks, Homeland Security and Emergency Management, Office of Justice Programs, State Fire Marshal, Pipeline Safety, State Highway Patrol, Capitol Security and Traffic Safety.


Brew Pub Off-Sale Intoxicating Liquor License

Application forms are available on the MN Dept. of Public Safety website, Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement Section at Forms/Documents.

Completed application signed by local authorities. Liquor liability insurance to cover period of license.


Issued to Restaurants with on-sale intoxicating liquor licenses that also manufacture beer for on site consumption. Must be 21, no felonies or liquor law convictions, or revocations within 5 years


Set by local issuing authority per guidelines set forth in Minn. Stat. § 340A.408.

Period of Issuance:

One Year.

Off-sale license good 7 days a week with local approval. Hours of Sunday sale set by local jurisdiction.

Length of Determination Process:

No license will be approved or released until the $20 Retailer ID Card fee is received by the department.