License Minnesota

On Sale Liquor License Permit, Temporary - 1 Day to 4 Day

Minnesota Department of Public Safety (DPS)

Agency contact information:

Public Safety (DPS), Minnesota Department of
445 Minnesota Street
St. Paul, MN 55101
(651) 201-7000 | (651) 282-6555 (TTY)
Alcohol & Gambling Enforcement Division
445 Minnesota St., Suite 222, St. Paul, MN 55101-2156 | (651) 201-7500 | (651) 282-6555 (TTY)
(651) 297-5259 (fax)


Minnesota Department of Public Safety

Alcohol & Gambling Enforcement Division

Liquor License Database

The Minnesota Department of Public Safety (DPS) is responsible for the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA), Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement, Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS), Emergency Communication Networks, Homeland Security and Emergency Management, Office of Justice Programs, State Fire Marshal, Pipeline Safety, State Highway Patrol, Capitol Security and Traffic Safety.


Minn. Stats. 340A.404


Application and Permit For 1 Day To 4 Day Temporary On Sale Liquor License

Application forms are available on the MN Dept. of Public Safety website, Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement section at Forms/Documents.


Completed application signed by local municipalities. Submit two copies, one copy is returned to local authority to be used as the permit.

Must be a non profit, religious, or charitable organization or club; these types of organizations or clubs must have been in existence for at least three years; political organization, or state university.

Must not exceed 4 days in length.

No more than one event per month per organization or location, unless in a municipality with a population fewer than 5,000 or in connection with a community festival.


Fees vary according to municipality issuing license.

Period of Issuance:

1-4 days.

Length of Determination Process:

30 days.