License Minnesota

Household Goods Mover Permit

Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT)

Agency contact information:

Transportation (MnDOT), Minnesota Department of
395 John Ireland Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55155-1899
(800) 657-3774 | (800) 627-3529
Office of Freight and Commercial Vehicle Operations (OFCVO) -395 John Ireland Blvd., M.S. 420, Room 153, St. Paul, MN 55155-1899
(651) 366-3674 | (651) 366-3680
Contact Info: motorcarrier


Minnesota Department of Transportation

Household goods movers (moving companies)

Commercial Vehicle Operations (CVO) Online

Social Media Links

The Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) provides a balanced transportation system. Responsible areas include aeronautics, highways, motor carriers, ports, public transit, railroads and pipelines.


Minn. Stats. 221


MINNESOTA RULES 7800., 7805., 8855.


Credential Authorization Application 

Vehicle Registration Application

Applications and forms are available on the MN Dept. of Transportation (MnDOT) website, Commercial Vehicle Operations (CVO) section at Household goods movers (moving companies).


File an MCS-150

Insurance filing (Form E)

Cargo insurance (Form H)


Cab card

Register with the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State

Attend an Initial Motor Carrier Contact Seminar within 90 days. 

More detailed information is available on the MnDOT website, Commercial Vehicle Operations (CVO) Online, at Household goods movers (moving companies).


Filing fee - $150

Per vehicle cab card fee - $75

Period of Issuance:

Permanent, subject to maintenance of insurance filing and annual vehicle registration.

Length of Determination Process:

Minimum of six weeks.

Other Pertinent Information:

Subject to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.