Gambling Manager's License
Agency contact information:
Gambling Control Board, Minnesota
Suite 300 South
1711 W. County Road B
Roseville, MN 55113
The Minnesota Gambling Control Board educates and regulates the lawful gambling industry to ensure the integrity of operations and provide for the lawful use of net profits. The five forms of lawful gambling are pull-tabs, raffles, bingo, paddlewheels, and tipboards.
Minn. Stats. 349.167
MINNESOTA RULES 7861.0230
LG212 Gambling Manager Application
LG209 Registration of Paid/Terminated Gambling Employee
Application form and information is available on the MN Gambling Control Board website at Organization License and Applications and Forms.
Each licensed organization must have a licensed gambling manager.
Gambling Manager requirements:
1) must possess a valid gambling manager's license issued by the Board;
2) must not have committed a violation of law or Board rule within the five years before the date of the license application that resulted in the revocation of a license issued by the Board;
3) must have never been convicted of a criminal violation involving fraud, theft, tax evasion, misrepresentation, or gambling;
4) must have never been engaged in conduct the Board determines is contrary to the public health, welfare, or safety or the integrity of lawful gambling;
5) may not be a lessor or an employee of a lessor of a premises permitted to conduct lawful gambling;
6) may not be a member of the immediate family, person residing in the same household as the lessor, or an employee of a person from whom the organization leases a gambling premises;
7) may not be involved directly or indirectly as a manufacturer, distributor, linked bingo game provider, or distributor salesperson;
8) cannot be the chief executive officer or the person who accounts for the revenues of the organization's general funds;
9) may only act as gambling manager for one organization at a time; and
10) must be a member of the organization for at least the most recent six months, at the time of the application for a gambling manager license.
All licensed gambling managers must attend a gambling manager seminar and pass an examination that tests the gambling manager's knowledge of the responsibilities of gambling managers and of gambling procedures, laws, and rules. The MN Lawful Gambling Manual is a helpful study guide for this examination. The examination is offered as part of the seminar for gambling managers.
Annual license fee - $100
Period of Issuance:
The gambling manager license runs concurrent with the organization license.
Length of Determination Process:
Issued upon receipt and verification of complete application information.
Other Pertinent Information:
Minn. Rules 7860-7865