License Minnesota

Feed Foodwaste to Animals License

No person may feed garbage to livestock or poultry in Minnesota unless a permit has been obtained from the Minnesota Board of Animal Health.

Agency contact information:

Animal Health, Minnesota Board of
625 Robert Street North
St. Paul, MN 55155
(651) 296-2942 | (800) 627-3529 (TTY)
(651) 296-7417(fax)
Feed Foodwaste to Animals License
(651) 201- 6824


Minnesota Board of Animal Health

Garbage Feeding (Class A)

The Minnesota Board of Animal Health's responsibilities include protecting the health of domestic animals of the state.


Minn. Stats. 35


MINNESOTA RULES 1721.0590 - 1721.0660


Application for Garbage Feeders or Exempt Materials Feeders; to be filled out during inspection.


Completed inspection and permit application.

Monthly inspection for garbage A feeders (permit type A).

Quarterly inspection for exempt permit feeders (permit type B). 


No fee.

Period of Issuance:

Annual, July 1 - June 30.

Length of Determination Process:


Other Pertinent Information:

See Minn. Stat. § 35.73-.80.