Agency contact information:
Labor and Industry (DLI), Minnesota Department of
443 Lafayette Road N.
St. Paul, MN 55155
(651) 284-5005 | (800) 342-5354
Office of Combative Sports, Minnesota
443 Lafayette Road N., St. Paul, MN 55155 | (651) 284-5366
(651) 284-5720 (fax)
Contact Info: Matt Schowalter
The Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry (DLI) oversees the state's apprenticeship, construction codes and licensing, occupational safety and health, wage and hour standards and workers' compensation programs and the Office of Combative Sports.
Procedure for Obtaining a Combatant's License
How to Apply for License - Step by Step Instructions
How to Reapply for an Existing License
How to Update Your Account Information
Boxing Rankings Procedures
Physical and Neurological Clearance Form
SCAT II Exam
Eye Exam Clearance Form
Boxing Federal ID Application
Refer also to:
1. Combatant must apply for Boxer Federal ID card in the state in which he/she is a resident.
2. Combatant understands that he/she will not be allowed to fight in MN without a State of Minnesota License.
3. Any false or misleading statements on this application may result in the Combatant being placed on the National Suspension list.
4. Combatant understands that cooperation with the issuing Office may be required to settle any disputes or violations.
5. Combatant agrees to abide by these terms and conditions and any other rules set forth by the Office that issued the license. Combatant agrees to pay $25.00 to the Minnesota Office of Combative Sports for licensure.
6. Licensee agrees to test for HIV, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C annually. Licensee also agrees to provide the Commission with test results.
7. License ID card will not be issued unless an accurate and truthful application is complete with 2 passport size photos, paid fee, blood work and picture ID.
8. The State of Minnesota reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions.
Blood work and any additional medical testing must be mailed, faxed or emailed directly from the clinic or lab administering tests.
Requirements must be received at least 7 days prior to event.
See Medical Examinations information.
Send requirements to:
Minnesota Office of Combative Sports
443 Lafayette Rd. N.
St. Paul, MN 55155
Phone: (651) 284-5366
Fax: (651) 284-5720
Pro Combatant License - $100 yearly
Amateur Combatant License - $80 yearly
Period of Issuance:
Effective July 1, 2013, all licenses will expire on December 31 of the current year.
Other Pertinent Information:
Review Minn. Stat. § 341.22-.37 for licensure requirements.