Hair Braiding Registration
Agency contact information:
Cosmetologist Examiners (BCE), Minnesota Board of
University Park Plaza, Suite 710
2829 University Ave. S.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55414
(612) 617-2601 (fax)
The Minnesota Board of Cosmetologist Examiners (BCE) regulates the practice of all cosmetology practitioners, educators, salons, and schools. Its core mission is to constantly strive to serve and care for its licensees, applicants, and the public by being committed to public protection, superior service, excellence, and continuous improvement.
Minn. Stats. 155A.28
The application is available on the BCE website at All Application & Forms.
• 30-hour sanitation course
• Complete Hair Braiding Registration Application and fees
• Hair Braiding Registration cannot be renewed online.
$20 per year.
• Fees are deposited within 24 hours on the first business day after date of receipt.
Period of Issuance:
• One-year registration cycle.
• Each registration expires on the last day of the month one year from date of issue.
Length of Determination Process:
Applications are processed within 15 business days from date of receipt. Returned applications are subject to additional review within 15 business days.
Other Pertinent Information:
See Minn. Stat. § 155A.20-.36.