Getting involved

Being involved and active in the HIV community is a great way to get valuable information about managing your health and also help improve the services received by persons living with HIV in the state of Minnesota. There are many opportunities to be more directly involved in shaping the services provided in Minnesota while helping you better understand the programs and services available to you.

Contact us with questions or feedback

HIV/AIDS Programs
Department of Human Services
PO Box 64972
St. Paul, MN 55164-0972

Twin Cities Metro area: 651-431-2414 (voice) or 651-431-7414 (fax)
Statewide: 1-800-657-3761 (voice) or 1-800-627-3529 (TTY)



DHS Consumer Advisory Committee

The DHS Consumer Advisory Committee provides consumers a venue to share their thoughts regarding the services that are available to them through the state and federally funded AIDS Drug Assistance Programs. Program HH provides reimbursement for expenses incurred for attending these meetings. Call 651-431-2409 to obtain an application.

Consumer Advisory Committee Application (PDF)
Committee guidelines and expectations

DHS ADAP Formulary Committee

The ADAP Formulary Committee is a group of professionals who review information and make recommendations to DHS about the state and federally-funded AIDS Drug Assistance Program Formulary. This committee provides a venue to share thoughts about the services available through Minnesota's ADAP Formulary and discuss possible formulary changes. Please call 651-431-2398 for information on the DHS ADAP Formulary Committee.

Program HH Formulary Committee Membership Application (PDF)
Program HH Formulary Committee membership guidelines and expectations



Minnesota Ryan White HIV Services Planning Council

The Minnesota Ryan White HIV Services Planning Council is responsible for establishing what HIV support and treatment services are provided in the state. The state of Minnesota receives funding for services through the Ryan White Treatment Modernization Act.

The council prioritizes services that people living with HIV need based on Ryan White legislation and then allocates funds for those services. Ryan White legislation requires that at least 33% of its membership be made up of persons living with HIV. For more information visit the Minnesota planning council website.



You can make a difference in the lives of others through volunteer service. Each time you volunteer, you have an opportunity to touch the lives of others in a positive way and make a contribution to your community. Volunteer service opportunities are available in a wide variety of areas.

  • Check the HIV/AIDS Resource guide and other Web resources
  • Check your local newspapers
  • Contact human services agencies in your community
  • Search the Internet using the key word volunteering for opportunities that may be of interest to you

Report/Rate this pageReport/Rate this page