Mental Health Information System (MHIS) technical assistance
ICD-10 codes and the Mental Health Information System (MHIS)
- MHIS will be accepting ICD-10 codes as of October 1, 2015 for Diagnostic Assessments done after October 1, 2015.
- The system will continue to accept ICD-9 codes for Diagnostic Assessments before October 1, 2015.
- Resource: ICD-10 Codes and MHIS (PDF)
MHIS online training
This online resource, which does not provide any CEU capability, has been created to assist mental health providers in understanding how to report on their required client-level data. This package contains a PowerPoint of the policy, as well as an informational video on how to upload and report.
To enroll, follow these steps:
- Go to the AMH Learning Center
- If you do not already have a unique key ID, go through the Unique Key Request process.
- Click Sign On in the upper right corner, enter your Unique Key and click Go.
- Click Class Schedules and Registration
- Find the class “MHIS Update” and click the “Go” button
- Choose a site location and enroll
For questions on MHIS reporting requirements
Adult Mental Health Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions on MN-ITS technical support
MHCP Provider Call Center
1-800-366-5411 (toll free)
Sign up for Mental Health Information System updates