Dislocated Worker Program
Our Dislocated Worker Program services are designed to help workers get back to work as quickly as possible and overcome such difficult barriers to employment as:
- Difficulty transferring specialized skills to other occupations or industries.
- A decline in the market demand for certain skills.
- Age or length of work experience.
- Need for formal training or education.
- Lack of jobs with earnings at a level comparable to their previous positions.
Services are custom tailored to meet an individual worker's specific needs. Working one-on-one with a counselor, you'll develop a plan for employment that may include:
- Career planning and counseling
- Job search and placement services
- Counselor-approved training
- Other support services
Watch A Video Overview
This video provides an overview of our Dislocated Worker program and what it can do for you. It covers who qualifies for the program, typical interactions at our WorkForce Center and interviews with people who have used our services.