The Communication Center is the place to find books in accessible formats for Minnesotans.
- Our holdings include textbooks in braille and audio formats;
- Books previously recorded for Radio Talking Book;
- And, books and other materials we've transcribed for our customers.
In addition, the Communication Center works in partnership with the Minnesota Braille and Talking Book Library
to bring our customers access to all materials available in their collection and through the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped.
- Materials include books and magazines in braille and audio formats, braille music, foreign language titles, and more.
- Many titles are available for download; audio downloads can be played on a variety of devices including the iPhone.
- Audio titles can also be played on a custom digital audio player available for loan.
If we can't find it, we'll transcribe it!
- We'll search our database to find out if a title is available in an accessible format in our own holdings or through our network of sources. If we can't find it, we can transcribe it into digital audio or braille.
- In addition to books, we also transcribe other materials for work or leisure.
Our services are available to Minnesotans with a qualifying visual, physical or reading disability that makes reading print difficult.
To apply for services, complete and submit this Application for Services form.