National Career Readiness Certificate for businesses
Minnesota employers can save time, money, and greatly increase the chance of finding workers with the right skills by giving preference to applicants who have earned the National Career Readiness Certificate.
Developed by ACT and used in more than 40 states, the NCRC verifies that prospective employees have the work-related knowledge and fundamental skills to be successful on the job, including:
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Reading and using work-related text
- Applying information from workplace documents to solve problems
- Applying mathematical reasoning to work-related problems
- Setting up and performing work-related mathematical calculations
- Locating, synthesizing, and applying information presented graphically
- Comparing, summarizing, and analyzing information presented in multiple related graphics
The NCRC assessments are offered at no charge at select Minnesota WorkForce Centers.
How to Begin
Have applicants sign up for an NCRC™ assessment. If you'd like to set up special testing sessions for your company, contact your local Business Services Representative.