Why Hiring People with Disabilities is Good for Business
Business trends in staffing show that hiring people who have disabilities adds a valuable dimension to workforce recruiting. In fact 20 percent of our population has a health condition that may or may not affect the way they interact with their work environment. And that number is on the rise.
Today hiring people who have disabilities benefits human resource strategy and improves the bottom line because, in general, people who have disabilities:
- Are a strategic target in addressing future workforce shortages.
- Increase the pool of talent from which companies can recruit.
- Demonstrate high levels of performance, productivity and loyalty, which in turn helps build stronger employee engagement overall.
- Contribute significantly to innovating company processes and products.
- Open new market opportunities because the $1.5 trillion market they represent would rather spend money with companies that employ people who have disabilities.
- Offer attractive returns on employee investments.