The Minnesota Board of Teaching provides a variety of information to districts, charter schools, alternative schools and the public, including changes to licensure rules, mandatory district reporting requirements and the Board's meeting schedule.
Districts and schools are required to provide the Board with information regarding the certification status of their teachers. Compliance with these requirements ensures that all of Minnesota's students are taught by qualified teachers. See Educator Licensing for related information.
Agendas are hosted on Novus Agenda and are available for public viewing, searchable by meeting date. Once meeting minutes are Board approved the following month, they are also available on Novus as well as on the Board Meeting Archive page.
View Board of Teaching By-Laws here.
The Legislative Committee will not be meeting on Friday, May 13th.
2015-2016 Board Meeting Schedule
Unless otherwise noted, all meetings will be held beginning at 9 a.m. at the Minnesota Department of Education, Conference Center A, Room 13.
- Friday, July 9-10, 2015 (Board Retreat July 9 & 10, Board Meeting July 10 at 11:00 a.m.)
- Friday, August 14, 2015
- Friday, September 11, 2015
- Friday, October 9, 2015
- Friday, November 13, 2015
- Friday, December 11, 2015
- Friday, January 8, 2016
- Friday, February 12, 2016
- Friday, March 11, 2016
- Friday, April 8, 2016 (Note: meeting will begin with closed session and the general meeting will begin at approximately 9:30 a.m.)
- Friday, May 13, 2016 (Note: meeting will begin with closed session and the general meeting will begin at approximately 9:30 a.m.)
- Friday, June 10, 2016 (Note: meeting will be "virtual" rather than at MDE)
- Board Retreat: July 14-15, 2016, MDE, Conference Center A, Room 13