The Minnesota Board of Teaching provides a variety of information to districts, charter schools, alternative schools and the public, including changes to licensure rules, mandatory district reporting requirements and the Board's meeting schedule.
Districts and schools are required to provide the Board with information regarding the certification status of their teachers. Compliance with these requirements ensures that all of Minnesota's students are taught by qualified teachers. See Educator Licensing for related information.
Agendas are hosted on Novus Agenda and are available for public viewing, searchable by meeting date. Once meeting minutes are Board approved the following month, they are also available on Novus as well as on the Board Meeting Archive page.
View Board of Teaching By-Laws here.
2016-2017 Board Meeting Schedule
- Thursday/Friday, July 14-15, 2016 - Board Retreat Agenda HERE*
- Friday, August 12, 2016
- Friday, September 9, 2016 (general meeting expected to start at 10:00 a.m.)
- Friday, October 14, 2016 (general meeting expected to start at 10:00 a.m.)
- Friday, November 4, 2016 * (general meeting expected to start at 9:30 a.m.)
- Friday, December 9, 2016 (general meeting expected to start at 10:00 a.m.)
- Friday, January 13, 2017
- Friday, February 10, 2017
- Friday, March 10, 2017
- Friday, April 7, 2017 *
- Friday, May 12, 2017
- Friday, June 9, 2017
Unless otherwise noted (*), all meetings will be held on the second Friday of the month at the Minnesota Department of Education, Conference Center A, Room 13. Meetings will begin with Closed Session at 9 a.m. and will open to the public at approximately 9:30 a.m.