About Us: Agency Performance Goals
Mission: The mission of the Minnesota Bureau of Mediation Services is to promote stable and constructive labor-management relations and the use of alternative dispute resolution and collaborative processes in areas other than labor-management.
Goal: Resolve contract and grievance disputes peacefully, expeditiously.
- Labor dispute settlement rate.
- Average response time: Days to first mediation.
Goal: Resolve bargaining unit and other representation disputes consistent with Minnesota laws.
- Time to process petitions. For contested cases requiring written order: Percentage of cases meeting 30 day goal from close of hearing record to issuance of order.
- Time to process petitions. For cases requiring elections: Percentage meeting goal of no more than 90 days from petition filing to election tabulation.
- Time to process petitions. For cases not requiring elections: Percentage meeting goal of no more than 90 days from petition to issuance of order.