Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI)
All birds and mammals imported into Minnesota, unless specifically exempted below, must be accompanied by a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) issued by a veterinarian accredited in the state of origin. A copy of the CVI shall be forwarded within seven calendar days to the animal health officials in the state of origin for approval and transmittal.
The CVI shall:
- State that the animals described are not showing clinical signs of infectious, contagious, or communicable disease and that they meet movement requirements
- State the number of animals in the shipment
- State the species, breed, age, and sex of each animal
- Document official identification for each animal if required
- Document the address and contact information for the premises of origin and the premises of destination
- State the results of any tests that are required by the board
- State the purpose for moving the animals
- Direct to slaughter
- Other (i.e. exhibition/show)
- Document a permit number if required
- Document any additional information required by the board
- Any addendums or attachments to a CVI shall comply with the CVI Addendum Policy.