Permit for Rendering Facilities
In accordance with MN Statute 35.82 any person engaged in the business of rendering all or parts of animals, poultry, or fish must first obtain a permit from the Board of Animal Health.
Steps to Obtaining a Rendering Permit:
- Contact the Board of Animal Health at 651-201-6824.
- Complete an Application for Carcass Rendering Permit and return it to the Board office.
- Upon receipt of your application, a Board of Animal Health inspector will contact you to schedule an initial inspection and review the requirements for operating a Rendering Facility.
- After the application/inspection process is complete and all items are deemed satisfactory; a permit will be issued to you.
- Permits are valid between July 1 and June 30 for the applicable year. All facilities must repeat the application and inspection process annually.