Professional Firm Registration
While the Board is charged with making sure that the individuals who are practicing in the professions under its charge are licensed/certified in Minnesota, it has not been given the authority to determine who, if anyone, needs to make the election to become a professional firm under MN Statute 319B and has not been given the authority to enforce the provisions within it. It is up to each firm to contact their own legal counsel to determine if making the election is something they would like to do or is in their best interest.
If your company elects to become a Professional Firm under MN Statute 319B, you need to send to the Board office:
- A copy of your Articles of Incorporation (for Minnesota firms) or Certificate of Authority (for foreign firms) from the Minnesota Secretary of State website or call 651-296-2803.
- $100 filing fee (Make the check payable to the “MN Board of AELSLAGID”).
- A cover letter with contact information (a contact person name, firm name, address, and phone number).
Annual Registration Renewal
Firm registration with the Board expires on December 31st of each year.
To renew your firm’s registration:
- Send a letter to the Board indicating whether there have been any changes in the Board of Directors or in the number or identity of stockholders.
- Enclose with that letter the annual filing fee of $25.00. Make the check payable to the “MN Board of AELSLAGID” (There is no on-line renewal available).
You will not receive a renewal certificate or card from the Board. Your cashed check is your proof of payment and renewal.
If you have any questions, contact Laurie Nistl at 651-757-1515 or email@example.com.